    Microsoft Office version issue.
    Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

    Rana, Apr 6, 2004

  2. Rana

    Ian Oldbury Guest

    check out
    Subject RE: export datagrid data to Excel file within the
    Dated 3rd April
    microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.dtagridcontrol

    Ian Oldbury, Apr 6, 2004

  3. Rana

    Swati Rana Guest

    Thanks Ian!!

    I have used microsoft office web components to automate Excel. I have a
    predefined excel template, which I populate using an XML file.

    In the development environment I included refrences to Microsoft Office
    XP. On the production server, Microsoft Office 2003 is installed. Could
    the different version, be the cause for the report not being displayed
    on the production box?

    Should I uninstall Microsoft Office 2003 and install Microsoft Office XP
    on the production server to bring up the report? Or is there some other
    resolution? Could you please direct me to some sample code which use
    microsoft office excel component.

    Thanks!!

    Swati Rana, Apr 6, 2004
  4. Microsoft office 2003 is not related to the Office web components. The OWC
    is a stand-alone component. office 2003 installs a readonly license for
    owc10 and owc11 on the server. It does not install the owc components. Your
    client needs to install the target version of the OWC. In addition, you will
    need to run the setup program for owc10 on the server since it is
    stand-alone, it doesn't get installed by default. It works on your machine
    because you have installed the owc. Does this make sense? see my website for
    more details
    http://tinyurl.com/27cok

    Alvin Bruney [MVP], Apr 7, 2004
  5. Rana

    connerwalsh

    Joined:
    Apr 27, 2011
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Why Microsofy, why?

    You would think having products produced by the same company, they should be fully integratable. That is the problem with some of these software monsters. I have found various small time developers that produce products with ease of use as a primary focus. No bothering with integration workarounds or any of that crap.

    -Conner
    Excel Reports

    connerwalsh, Apr 27, 2011