Generating event from event

Gandalf

I have script which being triggered by pressing CTRL+Right mouse click
from any place in my O.P , Now I need to generate automatically event
like copy my selected item or double clicking the right mouse cursor
without user interfering.
how can i implement this width python?

thanks!

Gandalf

You didn't tell us enough to answer your question. What GUI are you
using? Nearly every one of them that I'm aware of allow you to register
handlers for such events.

-Larry
windows xp

Diez B. Roggisch

Gandalf said:
windows xp

Oh please. You have been around here & asking enough questions to
finally notice that more information is needed - actually, you have been
providing this at other times. What GUI-Toolkit are you using, on which OS?

Yes, I now *know* that it is WX - because I searched the archives. But
that is not the thing here - provide enough information yourself.

Diez

Gandalf

Hi Diez, I can't see how it matter which GUI-Toolkit i uses because I
can combine libraries.
I think all that matter is that i work with windows XP.

if you ever done something like that or you familiar with article
which can show me how to implement what I asked it would help me

Thank you very much

Mike Driscoll

Hi Diez, I can't see how it  matter which GUI-Toolkit i uses because I
can combine libraries.
I think all that matter is that i work with windows XP.

if you ever done something like that or you familiar with article
which can show me how to implement what I asked it would help me

Thank you very much

It matters because each Python GUI toolkit works differently. Tkinter
does it via Tk/tcl calls, wxPython uses the wx library and pyGTK does
it in yet another way. The basic ideas are the same, but the
implementations are quite different.

In wx, for example, there are mouse events called wx.MouseEvent:

http://www.wxpython.org/docs/api/wx.MouseEvent-class.html

In Tkinter, they do the same thing, but the calls are almost
completely different. See the following for examples:

http://www.pythonware.com/library/tkinter/introduction/events-and-bindings.htm

You probably either want the MouseEvents or to create an
AcceleratorTable.

Mike

Lie

It matters because each Python GUI toolkit works differently. Tkinter
does it via Tk/tcl calls, wxPython uses the wx library and pyGTK does
it in yet another way. The basic ideas are the same, but the
implementations are quite different.

In wx, for example, there are mouse events called wx.MouseEvent:

http://www.wxpython.org/docs/api/wx.MouseEvent-class.html

In Tkinter, they do the same thing, but the calls are almost
completely different. See the following for examples:

http://www.pythonware.com/library/tkinter/introduction/events-and-bin...

You probably either want the MouseEvents or to create an
AcceleratorTable.

Mike

I'd get frustated enough to *plonk* someone like him if he keeps
refusing to answer an information that is already requested and
already mentioned of the significance.