Generic design using generate statement

junaid.ece

Hi,

I want to have a very high generic model. For that I instantiate no. of
modules in a generic way. And I need generic number of interconnecting
to make connection between these modules..

So Can I make the declaration in generic way using generate statement.?
To be specific, can I use generate statement for declaration of
variables..?

Please relpy me...

Junaid

Mike Treseler

So Can I make the declaration in generic way using generate statement.?
To be specific, can I use generate statement for declaration of
variables..?

Variables are declared inside the process,
but variable types can use generic constants
for any dimension of the structure.

See the how the generic char_len_c
is used in the reference design here:

http://home.comcast.net/~mike_treseler/

-- Mike Treseler

junaid.ece

Mike said:
Variables are declared inside the process,
but variable types can use generic constants
for any dimension of the structure.

See the how the generic char_len_c
is used in the reference design here:

http://home.comcast.net/~mike_treseler/

-- Mike Treseler

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your reply.

I am basically dealing with SystemVerilog and want to have generic
interconnecting wires..

--Junaid

Rob Dekker

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your reply.

I am basically dealing with SystemVerilog and want to have generic
interconnecting wires..

If you need help with System Verilog, try comp.lang.verilog.

If you need to turn System Verilog into a VHDL design, then
'generate' statements in SV work pretty similar to VHDL generate statements.

You 'generate' concurrent statements, which means you can declare 'signals'
and processes (with variables) under a generate statement.

Rob