Get referral page using JavaScript

vunet.us

Can I get the name of a referral page using JavaScript? Just really
wondering...

-Lost

Can I get the name of a referral page using JavaScript? Just really
wondering...

document.referrer

Speaking of which... this reminds me why I hate PHP so much.

vunet.us

Well, isn't it amazing? JavaScript becomes my favorite language.

since I mentioned that, how about IP address? Perhaps I should make my
stat app use JS instead of ASP?

-Lost

since I mentioned that, how about IP address? Perhaps I should make my
stat app use JS instead of ASP?

Stop quoting signatures and I'll tell you.

OK, I will tell you anyway.

It was actually best said by Lee, almost exactly two years ago.

"var IP = prompt('What is your IP address?');

Otherwise, no."

-Lost

Rik said:

Because the PHP gods that be opted for the misspelled version defined in
the HTTP standard, instead of just spelling it right to avoid further
confusion.

Granted, all languages that I know of do it this way as it has become
sort of an industry standard.

But if JavaScript could get it right, dammit, then so could PHP.

Hi, by the way! Long time no see/speak. :)

Rik

Because the PHP gods that be opted for the misspelled version defined in
the HTTP standard, instead of just spelling it right to avoid further
confusion.

Granted, all languages that I know of do it this way as it has become
sort of an industry standard.

It's terribly frustrating indeed to work with a misspelling, but as it is
an 'industry standard', and the HTTP header actually sais it, IMHO it's
better not to 'guess' what header actually was meant, but just provide an
interface to the actual raw headers
But if JavaScript could get it right, dammit, then so could PHP.

Javript seldom handles requests, PHP does it all the time...
Hi, by the way! Long time no see/speak. :)

Yup, been busy making up for lost time due to a fun hospital visit, so a
lot less usenet trips for me lately :(