Geting info

Eddie

I will be happy if someone will help me with this:

- how to get mainboard serial number
- how to get bioos serial number, bios name
- how to get hard drive serial number (GetVolumeInformation doesn't fit
here, because this gets partition serial number, given everytime after
formating it)

Are there some other unique thing in PC?

I don't want to get it from registry, it shopuld be (ASM, C or WinAPI)

I searched a littrle but with no interesting results

Joona I Palaste

Eddie said:
I will be happy if someone will help me with this:
- how to get mainboard serial number
- how to get bioos serial number, bios name
- how to get hard drive serial number (GetVolumeInformation doesn't fit
here, because this gets partition serial number, given everytime after
formating it)
Are there some other unique thing in PC?
I don't want to get it from registry, it shopuld be (ASM, C or WinAPI)
I searched a littrle but with no interesting results

This couldn't have much less to do with the C programming language. I
think you want to ask in comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32.

--
/-- Joona Palaste ([email protected]) ------------- Finland --------\
"'It can be easily shown that' means 'I saw a proof of this once (which I didn't

Eddie said:
I will be happy if someone will help me with this:

- how to get mainboard serial number
- how to get bioos serial number, bios name
- how to get hard drive serial number (GetVolumeInformation doesn't fit
here, because this gets partition serial number, given everytime after
formating it)

Are there some other unique thing in PC?

I don't want to get it from registry, it shopuld be (ASM, C or WinAPI)

I searched a littrle but with no interesting results

Well, this is possible using standard C but improbable.

You can use what follows and hope for the best.

int main(void)
{
int x = 10;

printf("Conjure up mainboard serial number %u\n", ++x + ++x);

return 0;

Tim Rentsch

j said:
Well, this is possible using standard C but improbable.

You can use what follows and hope for the best.

int main(void)
{
int x = 10;

printf("Conjure up mainboard serial number %u\n", ++x + ++x);

return 0;
}

I tried this program and it didn't work. Then I realized the
problem. This must be code for a big endian machine - the
expression for the value to be printed should be changed to

x++ + x++

to get it to work on a little endian machine.

Eddie

Tim said:
I tried this program and it didn't work. Then I realized the
problem. This must be code for a big endian machine - the
expression for the value to be printed should be changed to

x++ + x++

to get it to work on a little endian machine.
;P