GL85 synthesizable code

Saeed Nari

Hi, VHDL friends
Does anyone have a synthesizable gl85, or i8085 VHDL
design? I have them, but can't synthesize with leonardo or synopsis.
Please reply to this address. Thank you a lot!

Antti Lukats

Saeed Nari said:
Hi, VHDL friends
Does anyone have a synthesizable gl85, or i8085 VHDL
design? I have them, but can't synthesize with leonardo or synopsis.
Please reply to this address. Thank you a lot!

the original from hamburg vhdl is probably not fully working at
least there is one modified version that claims severl problems
beeing fixed

this modified version synthesis OK, see below:
-----------
Writing NGDBUILD log file "i8085_c.bld"...
NGDBUILD done.
Completed process "Translate".
Started process "Map".

Using target part "2vp7ff672-6".
Removing unused or disabled logic...
Running cover...
Running directed packing...
Running delay-based LUT packing...
Running related packing...

Design Summary:
Number of errors: 0
Number of warnings: 1
Logic Utilization:
Number of Slice Flip Flops: 317 out of 9,856 3%
Number of 4 input LUTs: 3,614 out of 9,856 36%
Logic Distribution:
Number of occupied Slices: 1,876 out of 4,928 38%
Number of Slices containing only related logic: 1,876 out of 1,876 100%
Number of Slices containing unrelated logic: 0 out of 1,876 0%
*See NOTES below for an explanation of the effects of unrelated logic
Total Number 4 input LUTs: 3,622 out of 9,856 36%
Number used as logic: 3,614
Number used as a route-thru: 8

Number of bonded IOBs: 45 out of 396 11%
IOB Flip Flops: 18
Number of GCLKs: 3 out of 16 18%

Total equivalent gate count for design: 25,801
Additional JTAG gate count for IOBs: 2,160

http://simlab.eecs.tufts.edu/simlab/html/8085_mod.html

the report was for code downloaded from above link

antti