Good asp.net examples - Any website suggestions?

Dave Smithz

Hi there,

I need to find some websites that show a good example of using ASP.net as a
front end to MSSQL. I have to demonstrate this to a potential client and
they want an idea of what the forms can look like.

Ideally there would be forms showing inserting customer etc, just like a
traditional Access application or something, and the database that they want
built is to have a diary function which will be central to the running of
there business. So any examples of a webpage where appointments can be put
in would be great.

I'm actually a bit of an ASP newbie myself so I did try to find things like
this, but only seem to be able to find examples of specific controls or
quite simple websites.

Kind regards

Dave

Dave Smithz

wrote in message > My first suggestion would be that you look at the ASP.Net
Starter Kits:
http://www.asp.net/Default.aspx?tabindex=8&tabid=47

There are 6 different ones, probably all a little more complete/complicated
than what you have in mind though..

Karl

Thank you for that Karl. They do serve as good quick examples actually.
Cheers

Dave Smithz

Kamal T. said:
The below mentioned site has the source code sample for you requirement.

http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/MellDataCalendar.asp

Thank you for this. I know this is a bit of a silly question, but how do I
get it running so I can view it running. I downloaded and extracted the
files, and I have all the aspx files. I used my trial version of Visual
Studio.net to attempt to use the aspx files as components to no avail. Any
pointers appreciated.

Kind regards

Dave