    Thanks in advance for your comments and suggestions.

    Best Regards,
    Mark

    MiniStreak, Oct 15, 2003

  2. For intro, the MSPress book Microsoft® ASP.NET Programming with Microsoft
    Visual Basic® .NET Version 2003 Step By Step is good, especially if you use
    it hands on.
    http://www.microsoft.com/mspress/books/6725.asp

    In the same vein, the MCAD books are nice for getting a wide array of
    techniques. You can buy them as individual books, or as a package (if you
    want to cert):
    http://www.microsoft.com/mspress/books/6716.asp - package
    http://www.microsoft.com/mspress/books/5774.asp - web services
    http://www.microsoft.com/mspress/books/6714.asp - ASP.NET apps

    You can go either way (VB.NET or C#) with the MCAD books, as they have code
    in both.

    For code snippets and techniques, I like the following books
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...6226999/sr=2-1/ref=sr_2_1/104-1231066-3537563 -
    Ultimate VB.NET and ASP.NET code book

    I also like Billy Hollis' latest eBook (downloadable from Amazon), although
    Billy and I disagree on some architectural topics. His writing style is
    quite nice and it makes the book easy to read (NOTE: There are some
    proofreading mistakes in this tome):
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...=sr_1_12/104-1231066-3537563?v=glance&s=books

    Note that there are some free resources, as well:

    1. The samples that load with the Framework. Install them, as they will take
    you fairly far.
    2. Content and code on www.asp.net and www.gotdotnet.com.
    3. msdn.microsoft.com - check out the various .NET sections, as well as the
    architecture section
    4. The .NET help file (sample code in most topics)

    The step-by-step, along with the sample code and other free resources, are a
    great way to go to learn VB.NET/ASP.NET.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Think Outside the Box!

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Oct 15, 2003

  3. MiniStreak

    MiniStreak Guest

    piss on you no-help sons-a-bicthes!

    MiniStreak, Oct 18, 2003
  4. MiniStreak

    Amber Guest

    Are you looking for books from Amazon or will you be interested in
    Ebooks in .NET. IF you are interested in Ebooks in .NET and related
    articles visit this site http://www.dedicatedsolutions.co.uk

    Amber, Oct 20, 2003
  5. MiniStreak

    MiniStreak Guest