  1. HI are there any recommended books for an sysadmin who has been mostly
    writing shell scripts, but want to move up to create more complex
    programs.

    Lars Johansen, Oct 16, 2007

  2. Lars Johansen

    James Stroud Guest

    Not that I am shamelessly promoting python here, but in all sincerity,
    Programming Python by Lutz is exactly what you want. It is perfect for
    sysadmins who need more programming muscle. You need to know the basics
    of python before you read it, though.

    James

    --
    James Stroud
    UCLA-DOE Institute of Genomics and Proteomics

    http://www.jamesstroud.com

    James Stroud, Oct 16, 2007

  3. Lars Johansen

    kyosohma Guest

    The Python Cookbook would probably be another good resource. While I
    don't like the Dummies series' name, the Python Dummies book is a good
    introduction, although it doesn't have enough examples, in my opinion.

    Mike

    kyosohma, Oct 16, 2007
  4. Lars Johansen

    borroff Guest

    I believe there's a "Python for System Administration" book in the
    works, an equivalent to the Perl book. Does anyone know when it's due
    (particularly the authors, if they're online)?

    borroff, Oct 16, 2007
  5. Lars Johansen

    kyosohma Guest

    kyosohma, Oct 16, 2007
  6. Lars Johansen

    Aahz Guest

    Could you explain what examples you would have liked more of in _Python
    for Dummies_?

    Aahz, Oct 27, 2007