Good js resources

Joined
Nov 27, 2019
Messages
163
Reaction score
28
I used books in the beginning, but JS kept changing and new books were needed. Mozilla (A group that oversees FireFox and traces it's roots to the people that invented JavaScript) started a website to help people understand JS. [that's if you don't understand the ECMAScript site] https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/JavaScript
Another good basic site is : https://www.w3schools.com/js/default.asp

Here's a book https://www.amazon.com/JavaScript-Good-Parts-Douglas-Crockford/dp/0596517742
written in 2008 and I just like O'Reilly books

Joined
Nov 23, 2019
Messages
70
Reaction score
1
hi,I think w3schools is rather general content (does not contain detailed explanations,and not sufficiently interactive ,especially if you are independent learner.I would ask one question: will a book published between 2008 -2012 be insufficient (because of updates) ,but I do not hope to find so much new(er) books. (e.g: I have not come acroos the books published later than 2017 on this subject. furthermore, I am sure that we should check almost all of resources however possible is if we would like to be a good programmer.

Joined
Nov 27, 2019
Messages
163
Reaction score
28
w3schools, you either love it or hate it. I love it. It's not the final word on web programming but (I feel) it's laid out in easy to understand modules that teach what is needed. After you have all the building blocks you need other sites for sure. But w3schools is my first down and dirty choice for look up.

Don't know why you think a teaching site should be interactive. Just use an editor and browser to play with code.
Need PHP - use a free web site or webampserver - XAMP.

ECMAScript 6 also called ES6 or JavaScript6 was released in 2015. It is the latest and all browsers support it. - use edge for MS browsers not explorer. So any book written after 15 - 16 - 17 should be up to date.