Grabbing the version of a MS Word file upon upload?

darrel

Is there any way to detect the specific version of an MS Office document
when accepting it from an upload?

I'm creating a mini-document upload tool for people to manage some MS-office
centric documents for public consumption. Ideally, I'd want people to save
these files back a few versions for the best accessibility. I was going to
simply have a pulldown where they select the version the file is, but if I
could detect it automatically that would be nice.

-Darrel

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

Hi Darrel,

Just an idea, but there's a way to read/write the properties of Office
documents. Is it possible that you could write your own value to the
properties of an uploaded file and query the existing versions when someone
tries to upload another?

Anyway, here's more on Dsofile.dll:

"Dsofile.dll lets you edit Office document properties without Office in
Visual Basic .NET 2003 and in Visual Basic .NET 2002

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;224351

Ken
Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]