GridView and NextButtonClick

Bruno Alexandre

Hi guys,

I need your expertise on this, cause I can't figure it out why this is
happening.

I have a GridView with a lot of steps, but in step 3 I want to stay there
until I have all the information I need
(the user is adding the previuos houses for the latest 5 years, and until I
have all the houses for that period I do not want the user to move to the
next step)

in the wzLan_NextButtonClick I have something like:
Protected Sub wzLan_NextButtonClick(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As
System.Web.UI.WebControls.WizardNavigationEventArgs)

If (e.NextStepIndex = 4) Then
If checkDates(60, bolSinceMonth.SelectedValue & "-" &
bolSinceYear.SelectedValue) Then
wzLan.ActiveStepIndex = 4
else
wzLan.ActiveStepIndex = 3
end if
end if

But for some matter the Wizard object move the user to the 4th Step even
knowing that the activestepindex is the number 3...

How can I do this to work like I want? Why the Wizar always move to the next
step even if I know that the activeStepIndex is the step I want to be on?