Gridview control not responding

daveh551

I have a GridView control that is bound to a local List. I first
developed it on a free-standing page, then converted it to a
UserControl, and I'm hosting that usercontrol within a DetailsView.

The grid displays correctly, but when I click the Edit button on a
row, I do not get my RowEditing event. I had this problem yesterday
when it was on it's own page, only it was with the Update button - I
wasn't getting the RowUpdating event.

In both cases, when I look at the source that is rendered by ASP.NET,
the button in question is rendered as <input type="submit" ... />
When it works properly, it's rendered as <input type="button"
onclick="__dopostback(...) ... />

This problem seems to come and go almost at random. In other words, I
know this was working yesterday, and I made some changes in the code
behind file, but basically nothing in the declarative markup, and now
it's quit working.

The page in question is, in turn, hosted on a MasterPage that is AJAX
enable (has a ClientScriptManager), if that makes any difference.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.