Gridview control not responding

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by daveh551, Jan 29, 2009.

  1. daveh551

    daveh551 Guest

    I have a GridView control that is bound to a local List. I first
    developed it on a free-standing page, then converted it to a
    UserControl, and I'm hosting that usercontrol within a DetailsView.

    The grid displays correctly, but when I click the Edit button on a
    row, I do not get my RowEditing event. I had this problem yesterday
    when it was on it's own page, only it was with the Update button - I
    wasn't getting the RowUpdating event.

    In both cases, when I look at the source that is rendered by ASP.NET,
    the button in question is rendered as <input type="submit" ... />
    When it works properly, it's rendered as <input type="button"
    onclick="__dopostback(...) ... />

    This problem seems to come and go almost at random. In other words, I
    know this was working yesterday, and I made some changes in the code
    behind file, but basically nothing in the declarative markup, and now
    it's quit working.

    The page in question is, in turn, hosted on a MasterPage that is AJAX
    enable (has a ClientScriptManager), if that makes any difference.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    daveh551, Jan 29, 2009