GridView Newvalues problem

Nikolay Evseev

Sounds like a very simple task:

drag a table from server explorer into the asp.net page, which will create a
GridView and SqlDataSource. Then configure the SqlDataSource with all update,
insert, delete commands and stuff. After that enable Editing for GridView
and, as supposedly you should be able to edit data without writing one line
of code... Now the real story - maybe it just me doing something stupid (just
tell me and I'll admit that) but i have spent a number of hours trying to get
that to work. NewValues do not and will not contain new values, even if you
bang your head at the floor.
What am I doing wrong?
Please, it very urgent at this stage