GridView selectedValue problem

Joel Reinford

I have a gridview and am trying to retrieve the selectedvalue from it. There
are several buttons in the grid for viewing, selecting or editing each row.
I was trying to get the value in the RowCommand event since I am checking to
see which command is being fired. In the RowCommand event, the selectedvalue
is always behind by one page load. If I look in the SelectedIndexChanged
event, the selectedvalue is correct. However the command name is not
available to me there. I find this puzzling because if I do a trace on the
two events they are consecutive in the trace.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Joel Reinford
Data Management Solutions LLC