GUI toolkit

Robert

Has the community decided on a "standard" Ruby GUI toolkit? I know the
Windows installer comes with Tk and Fox. I have also read that work is
being done on a WX version (which would be my preference).

Robert K.

as far as I am informed, there's no souch thing.
If you dont' like Tk's visual, you may considder FOX-tk
or if you want to be platform dependent you may have a try at GTK.

So you are free to use whatever you like

Barnaby Mannerings

Has the community decided on a "standard" Ruby GUI toolkit? I know the
Windows installer comes with Tk and Fox. I have also read that work is
being done on a WX version (which would be my preference).

You can find some info on the wxWindows support for Ruby here:
http://wxruby.rubyforge.org

Daniel Carrera

As soon as WX is out it will have *my* vote as the official GUI toolkit.

:)

Barnaby Mannerings

As soon as WX is out it will have *my* vote as the official GUI toolkit.

While not officially a release, I got hold of a binary build of wxRuby for
Windows (with installer) from a friend a few days ago - I think he got it
from the wxRuby mailing list.

I've been playing around with it for a couple of days and it seems quite
nice, the sample apps generally work pretty well although they show that
there is still a little work to be done to make it perfect.

I'll definitely be keeping my eye on this project in the next few months.

If anyone is interested in trying the version I have, which appears to be
v0.2 (wxruby-mswin-0.2_debug.exe) then I am willing to put it up on some
webspace.

Regards

Michael Vondung

If anyone is interested in trying the version I have, which appears to be
v0.2 (wxruby-mswin-0.2_debug.exe) then I am willing to put it up on some
webspace.

I'd be interested in a copy of the file. :)

Thanks!
M.

tony summerfelt

If anyone is interested in trying the version I have, which appears to be
v0.2 (wxruby-mswin-0.2_debug.exe) then I am willing to put it up on some
webspace.

i'm interested in the installer version. i use wx with three other languages
and for the few things i've tried with ruby it seems to 'fit' just nicely.