handling events inside a userControl

Guest

I have a webform that contains a placeholder control that is filled with various usercontrols.
I have an error/info message label on the webform (for interface clenliness). Sometimes the the usercontrol has to populate the message label on the webform. How can I have the webfrom respond to this type of request from the user control?

Thanks

Kevin Spencer

Well, I think your Subject indicates you're thinking in the right direction.
Have the UserControl raise an event, and have the WebForm handle the event.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer

Xaviero said:
I have a webform that contains a placeholder control that is filled with various usercontrols.
I have an error/info message label on the webform (for interface
clenliness). Sometimes the the usercontrol has to populate the message label
on the webform. How can I have the webfrom respond to this type of request
from the user control?

Guest

Actually thats my problem,

How do I have the usercontrol raise the event? And how do I have the webform handle the event. Sorry for being such a newbie

Kevin Spencer

Here's a link to download the Microsoft .Net SDK:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...A6-3647-4070-9F41-A333C6B9181D&displaylang=en

It has everything you need, including articles, tutorials, examples, and a
complete reference.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer

Xaviero said:
Actually thats my problem,

How do I have the usercontrol raise the event? And how do I have the
webform handle the event. Sorry for being such a newbie

Guest

Thanks,
It looks like I need to pay more attention when I read my books, I have that one. lol