    I have a webform that contains a placeholder control that is filled with various usercontrols.
    I have an error/info message label on the webform (for interface clenliness). Sometimes the the usercontrol has to populate the message label on the webform. How can I have the webfrom respond to this type of request from the user control?

    Thanks

    Guest, Jul 30, 2004

  2. Well, I think your Subject indicates you're thinking in the right direction.
    Have the UserControl raise an event, and have the WebForm handle the event.

    --
    HTH,
    Kevin Spencer

    Kevin Spencer, Jul 30, 2004

    Guest Guest

    Actually thats my problem,

    How do I have the usercontrol raise the event? And how do I have the webform handle the event. Sorry for being such a newbie

    Guest, Jul 30, 2004

    Raterus Guest

    Raterus, Jul 30, 2004
  5. Here's a link to download the Microsoft .Net SDK:

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...A6-3647-4070-9F41-A333C6B9181D&displaylang=en

    It has everything you need, including articles, tutorials, examples, and a
    complete reference.

    --
    HTH,
    Kevin Spencer

    webform handle the event. Sorry for being such a newbie

    Kevin Spencer, Jul 30, 2004

    Guest Guest

    Thanks,
    It looks like I need to pay more attention when I read my books, I have that one. lol

    Guest, Jul 30, 2004