hardware config problem

vito

I'm using a router to host my web site but their technical support is really
bad.

Could anybody tell me what i should do to solve the following error?

i use front page to create a form handling page and it involves asp

when i execute it, it says something like:

frontpage server extension error

i used google to search for solution but no good results. how should i use
the router set up program to configure? Because only a hard disk is behind
the router but not a whole PC, i don't think i can install it onto the hard
disk directly.

Thanks for your help.

Mark Parnell

Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, vito
Could anybody tell me what i should do to solve the following error?

i use front page

"Doctor, it hurts when I do this!"
"Stop doing that."

Jim Moe

vito said:
Could anybody tell me what i should do to solve the following error?
i use front page to create a form handling page and it involves asp
when i execute it, it says something like:

frontpage server extension error
Your router does not have the necessary support to execute the special
commands Frontpage adds to web pages.
- Create your web pages without FP extensions
- Or, add the FP extensions package to your router
- Or, forget FP altogether and get a decent HTML editor like HTML-Kit
<http://www.chami.com/>.

vito

Jim Moe said:
Your router does not have the necessary support to execute the special
commands Frontpage adds to web pages.
- Create your web pages without FP extensions
- Or, add the FP extensions package to your router
- Or, forget FP altogether and get a decent HTML editor like HTML-Kit
<http://www.chami.com/>.

Thanks for your support. Indeed, I should be more honest that i used php and
so but my user used FP and therefore my only solution is to find out a
solution to entertain him. Would you kindly briefly tell how FP extensions
package can be added to a router? Thanks again.

David Segall

vito said:
I'm using a router to host my web site but their technical support is really
bad.

Could anybody tell me what i should do to solve the following error?

i use front page to create a form handling page and it involves asp

when i execute it, it says something like:

frontpage server extension error

i used google to search for solution but no good results. how should i use
the router set up program to configure? Because only a hard disk is behind
the router but not a whole PC, i don't think i can install it onto the hard
disk directly.
You cannot use asp pages on most web servers and it is very unlikely
that a web server built into a router has this feature. You will need
to install a suitable web server on a computer behind the router and
instruct the router to forward requests on port 80 to the IP address
of that computer.

Jim Moe

vito said:
Your router does not have the necessary support to execute the special
commands Frontpage adds to web pages.
- Or, add the FP extensions package to your router

[...] Would you kindly briefly tell how FP extensions
package can be added to a router?
I do not know what type of host your "router" may be.
FP Server extensions are acquired from Microsoft.