Hardware info

morbo

I'm looking for a source code of a program (in C++) that is able to
read informations about motherboard and BIOS. It must NOT use WMI but
it has to work under wxp, w2k and w2k

I've already found out som tips how to do it but I wasn't succesfull
implementing that.

Could anybody please give some advice?

Phlip

morbo said:
I'm looking for a source code of a program (in C++) that is able to read
informations about motherboard and BIOS. It must NOT use WMI but it has to
work under wxp, w2k and w2k

You must use Google to find the best forum for that. This newsgroup is
only qualified to discuss the raw C++ language itself.
I've already found out som tips how to do it but I wasn't succesfull
implementing that.

At a guess, and don't reply because this is off-topic, WinXP is based on
WinNT, which is a fully protected-mode OS. You cannot reach out to
hardware; you must always go through a secure driver. So if what you need
is impossible, you might not find many tips about it!

morbo

Sory, it was OT

anyway - it's not as you say

e.g. for processor you can use CPUID assembler instruction and for BIOS
and Motherboard you can read the beginning of physical memory (and
that's what I need to do - is there a way to read the memory in windows
even if it's protected and you use the 4GB for a process ??)

W Marsh

Sory, it was OT

anyway - it's not as you say

e.g. for processor you can use CPUID assembler instruction and for BIOS
and Motherboard you can read the beginning of physical memory (and
that's what I need to do - is there a way to read the memory in windows
even if it's protected and you use the 4GB for a process ??)

1) Wrong group

2) You didn't quote any messages.

People just aren't going to be willing to help you when you can't even
be bothered to learn Usenet.

Robbie Hatley

morbo said:
I'm looking for a source code of a program (in C++)
that is able to read informations about motherboard
and BIOS. It must NOT use WMI but it has to work under
wxp, w2k and w2k.

Go here to ask that question:

www.ocregister.com

Go to the want-ads section. Post your carreer opportunity
there. Make sure you offer a reasonable salary and fringe
benefits. I'll do the job for you if you give me 75K/year,
permanant full-time employment with good health insurance,
within 5 miles of Tustin, CA.

You might also try asking in these two newsgroups:

comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32 (I set followup to here)
microsoft.public.win32.programmer

(Deja vu. How many times do I have to repeat this tonight?)

--
Cheers,
Robbie Hatley