hash_map and unordered map

jashan4235

So there was a fuzzy logic code i saw on http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/316668/Cplusplus-Fuzzy-Logic-API-plus-Simple-DSL and i was using it for simple learning of fuzzy implementation but when using it in ubuntu 12.04 gcc version 4.6.3 an instance of fuzzylogic.cpp i.e hash_map was giving errorand i did some research and it came out something about unordered map but still now being a novice programmer i am not able to identify the actual problem.I atcually want to know what is the latest implementation of hash_map??

Jorgen Grahn

(e-mail address removed) wrote in

You should use std::unordered_map which comes with your C++ compiler.

Different answer: the latest version of hash_map is probably from the
mid-1990s when HP and SGI fiddled with it. I doubt anyone else made
any important changes to it.

People used hash_map as a faster but non-standard alternative to
std::map over the decades, until it was finally standardized in a
slightly different form called first std::tr1::unordered_map, and then
in C++11 std::unordered_map.

/Jorgen