Heap space with Java Web Start

aaronfude

Hi,

I have an application which needs quite a bit of heap space. I'm able
to run it as an application with the

-Xmx1000m

flag.

However, when I try it as a Web Start application I get the following
error:

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError:
Java heap space

I have the following tags in my jnlp file:

<resources>
<j2se version="1.6.0+" java-vm-args="-esa -Xnoclassgc" maximum-
heap-size="1000m" />
<j2se version="1.5.0+" java-vm-args="-esa -Xnoclassgc" maximum-
heap-size="1000m" />
</resources>

So could be going on here?

Thanks!

Aaron Fude

Chris Uppal

I have the following tags in my jnlp file:

<resources>
<j2se version="1.6.0+" java-vm-args="-esa -Xnoclassgc" maximum-
heap-size="1000m" />

Try "max-heap-size" instead of "maximum-heap-size".

Or you could try adding a -Xmx argument to the java-vm-args string.

-- chris