hello world (asp.net) problem (syntax error) help needed :(

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Dr DOOM, Aug 10, 2003.

  1. Dr DOOM

    Dr DOOM Guest

    Hi folks...I've just installed asp.net framework and asp.net sdk and I've
    cut and pasted a file from the web to test that it works.

    The problem is that I get this error message which says:

    Line: 3
    Char: 9
    Error: Expected ';'
    Code: 0

    Anyway this is what I tried. http://www.asp101.com/lessons/firstpage.asp

    I know it must be a really basic syntax error but wtf; I just copy and
    pasted this code which really really should be correct. I also am working on
    one of my intro pracs and it also returned the same error so what's going
    on?

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    The code I used is shown below:

    <%@ Page Language="VB" %>
    <script runat="server">
    Sub Page_Load(Sender As Object, E As EventArgs)
    HelloWorld.Text = "Hello World!"
    End Sub
    </script>

    <head>
    <title>ASP.NET Hello World</title>
    </head>

    Dr DOOM, Aug 10, 2003

  2. Dr DOOM

    Alan Guest

    Hi mate, the .NET newsgroups have 'dotnet' in them. You'll get better
    mileage asking your question there.

    Cheers,

    Alan

    Alan, Aug 10, 2003