Hello World Program

Discussion in 'C++' started by rhle.freak, Nov 29, 2007.

  1. rhle.freak

    rhle.freak Guest

    #include<iostream>
    int main(void)
    {
    std::cout << "Hello World" << std::<<endl;
    return 0;
    }

    I am compiling it on my linux box (rhel 5) using g++ hello.cpp -o
    hello.o and
    to my astonishment i am getting the following errors!

    hello.cpp: In function 'int main()':
    hello.cpp:5: error: expected unqualified-id before '<<' token
    hello.cpp:5: error: 'endl' was not declared in this scope

    It does look to be a very stupid question ,please pardon me for my
    ignorance
    in using Linux n g++ .Kindly help me out..

    rhle.freak, Nov 29, 2007

  2. rhle.freak

    rhle.freak Guest

    it should have been <<std::endl;