HelloAndroid help,

Discussion in 'Java' started by ssecorp, Aug 3, 2008.

  1. ssecorp

    ssecorp Guest

    I have emailed the beginners list of the Android forum but it doesn't
    seem to get there.

    I have successfully installed Eclipse+the Android SDK.

    When trying to run the HelloAndroid example I get:

    I get this when starting eclipse:

    [2008-08-03 13:53:52 - adb] Failed to get the adb version: Cannot run
    program "\tools\adb.exe": CreateProcess error=3, The system cannot
    find the path specified

    I have successfully installed the SDK and the eclipse plugin though.
    ------------------
    When trying to run the HelloAndroid example this happens:

    HelloAndroid.java:

    package com.android.hello;

    import android.app.Activity;
    import android.os.Bundle;
    import android.widget.TextView;

    public class HelloAndroid extends Activity {
    @Override
    public void onCreate(Bundle icicle) {
    super.onCreate(icicle);
    TextView tv = new TextView(this);
    tv.setText("Hello, Android");
    setContentView(tv);

    Severity and Description Path Resource Location Creation
    Time Id
    Error executing aapt. Please check aapt is present at \tools
    \aapt.exe HelloAndroid Unknown 1217725441627 6

    Severity and Description Path Resource Location Creation
    Time Id
    Project 'HelloAndroid' is missing required library:
    '\android.jar' HelloAndroid Build path 1217725359502 1

    Severity and Description Path Resource Location Creation
    Time Id
    The project cannot be built until build path errors are
    resolved HelloAndroid Unknown 1217725441627 7

    I can start the Android emulator.

    the file android.jar is corrupt or invalid is the response when I
    doubleclick on it form Windows.

    ssecorp, Aug 3, 2008