HelloAndroid help,

ssecorp

I have emailed the beginners list of the Android forum but it doesn't
seem to get there.

I have successfully installed Eclipse+the Android SDK.

When trying to run the HelloAndroid example I get:

I get this when starting eclipse:

[2008-08-03 13:53:52 - adb] Failed to get the adb version: Cannot run
program "\tools\adb.exe": CreateProcess error=3, The system cannot
find the path specified

I have successfully installed the SDK and the eclipse plugin though.
------------------
When trying to run the HelloAndroid example this happens:

HelloAndroid.java:

package com.android.hello;

import android.app.Activity;
import android.os.Bundle;
import android.widget.TextView;

public class HelloAndroid extends Activity {
@Override
public void onCreate(Bundle icicle) {
super.onCreate(icicle);
TextView tv = new TextView(this);
tv.setText("Hello, Android");
setContentView(tv);

Severity and Description Path Resource Location Creation
Time Id
Error executing aapt. Please check aapt is present at \tools
\aapt.exe HelloAndroid Unknown 1217725441627 6

Severity and Description Path Resource Location Creation
Time Id
Project 'HelloAndroid' is missing required library:
'\android.jar' HelloAndroid Build path 1217725359502 1

Severity and Description Path Resource Location Creation
Time Id
The project cannot be built until build path errors are
resolved HelloAndroid Unknown 1217725441627 7

I can start the Android emulator.

the file android.jar is corrupt or invalid is the response when I
doubleclick on it form Windows.