Help: conditional attribute assignment

itsme

Hi all,
I have a quite simple question:
Is it possible to set an attribute depending on a generic variable. As an
example I have the following code. I want to set the attribute
CLKFX_MULTIPLY to 4 or 8 depending on FastClk. Hoe can I do this?
thanks peter

entity Clock_gen is
generic (Is_FastClk: boolean:=false);
port (P_50MHZ_CLK : in std_logic;
:
:
);
end Clock_gen;

architecture structural of Clock_gen is
component DCM
:
end component;

attribute CLKFX_MULTIPLY : integer;

-- if Is_FastClk
attribute CLKFX_MULTIPLY of U_DCM : label is 4;
-- else
attribute CLKFX_MULTIPLY of U_DCM : label is 8;

begin

U_DCM: DCM
port_map(
:
:

Ralf Hildebrandt

Hi "itsme"!

Is it possible to set an attribute depending on a generic variable.

Hmm. I'm not sure, bute what about the following:

gen1: if generic_parameter=1 generate
-- set you attribute
end generate;

gen0: if generic_parameter=0 generate
-- set you attribute not / an other attribute
end generate;

(generic_parameter is of type integer in this example)

Ralf