Help: Displaying Web OLAP cube in a web chart

mrwoopey

Hi,

I have a web based OLAP cube (based on the SQL 2000 resource kit
version) and I need to know how to display it in a chart (web based).
I know that there are 3rd party tools but I need a cheaper way to do
this.

Please post any code or links. You help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Phin

Chris Harrington

Office Web Controls is probably a good option. Also check out the new
ChartFX OLAP charts.

mrwoopey

Chris,

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I was looking into Chart FX, it looks
really good. I was hoping to find a cheaper way to do this.

I was able to find an article that describes converting OLAP cubes to
a chart, but you can't just pass it the MDX (which would be dynamic),
you need to hardcode a recordset to display the chart (via office
components):

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;279254

If you have a dynamic solution (like passing the MDX or building the
recordset on the fly to build the chart), that would be much
appreciated.

Either way, thanks!

Phin

Joined
May 9, 2006
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Chart FX Olap: powerful and affordable .NET control

We just took advantage of the offer they have and purchased Chart FX Extensions Pack 6.2 for VS 2003 for just $1499 at http://www.softwarefx.com/extensions/ . This Extensions pack not only contains OLAP, but also other three extensions as Maps, Financial and Statistical.
We have been using the Chart FX OLAP extension for 3 weeks now, and I am amazed on all the time we have been saving using this tool, besides it is the easies to use and more powerful .NET control we have ever purchased...I have also heard there will be a new Chart FX Extensions Pack 7.0 for VS 2005.

I hope it helps
Cheers
PD.

Last edited: