Help for Unicode char and Unicode char based string in Ruby

Chirag Mistry

Hi

I want to use Unicode character and Unicode character based string in
Ruby. Please provide some help to me.

Regards
Chirag

Robert Edwards

Chirag said:
Hi

I want to use Unicode character and Unicode character based string in
Ruby. Please provide some help to me.

Regards
Chirag

I'm puzzled with the same question. It seemed that the later version
support
the Unicode character.

Chirag Mistry

Robert said:
I'm puzzled with the same question. It seemed that the later version
support
the Unicode character.

Is there any library or Ruby extension which can provide Unicode
character and Unicode character based string in Ruby?

Regards
Chirag

Ollivier Robert

Is there any library or Ruby extension which can provide Unicode
character and Unicode character based string in Ruby?

Either you go the Ruby 1.9 way or you look at iconv & icu4r (more or less dead
AFAIK but it works).

Chirag Mistry

Ollivier said:
Either you go the Ruby 1.9 way or you look at iconv & icu4r (more or
less dead
AFAIK but it works).

Hi

You mean to say string in Ruby 1.9 supports Unicode character?

Regards
Chirag

Chirag Mistry

Can anyone give me more details for the same?
How should we use Unicode char and Unicode char based String with Ruby
1.9?

Regards
Chirag