Help in finding Journals related to Java Sound API

Rhino

knopfler said:
could anyone please recommend some Journals related to Java Sound API.
Journals? Do you mean you want scholarly articles about the Java Sound API?

Could you please clarify what sort of things you want to find in this
journal? Perhaps you are a beginner with the Java Sound API and want some
general guidance on how to start using it. Or maybe you are very advanced
with it and want to publish articles for other Java Sound experts. There is
a world of difference between these two extremes and many possibilities in
between. We could give you a better answer if you were clearer on what you
want.

Rhino

knopfler

Thankyou very much for your reply,
I actually intent to do a research on Java Sound API, focusing on the
key development in Java Sound API from (merlin) to current version of
jdk(tiger)
for that reason i thought i would do a search for journals and
conference papers

I would very much appreciate your service if you could provide any
resources on Java Sound API,

Rhino

knopfler said:
Thankyou very much for your reply,
I actually intent to do a research on Java Sound API, focusing on the
key development in Java Sound API from (merlin) to current version of
jdk(tiger)
for that reason i thought i would do a search for journals and
conference papers

I would very much appreciate your service if you could provide any
resources on Java Sound API,
I don't know if the people at Sun, the developers of the Java Sun API,
publish in journals or conferences. I know that there is an annual Java
conference in San Francisco; perhaps the organizers publish the papers that
are presented there.

In any case, I think your best bet is to look at the Sun site,
http://java.sun.com. The Java Sound homepage is at
http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/sound/index.jsp. If you look around
there, you should find all sorts of sound-related information. I can see
links there for "Technical Articles & Tips" and "Documentation" and many
other aspects of sound.

You may also want to try posting questions on the "javasound mailing list".
Perhaps it is monitored by the Sun developers who work with Sound; if that
is true, a question about published papers may get you a direct answer from
Sun about where papers can be found.

If all else fails, perhaps you can use the "Contact Us" link to speak to
someone at Sun directly.

Of course, you could always use your favourite search engine to try to find
more about Java Sound.

By the way, I found this in the "New Features and Enhancements J2SE 5.0"
document that comes with the 1.5 Platform API documentation:

----------------
Java Sound Technology
a.. Ports are now available on all platforms (RFE 4782900).
b.. MIDI device i/o is now available on all platforms (RFE's 4812168,
4782924).
c.. Optimized direct audio access is implemented on all platforms (RFEs
4908240 and 4908879). It is enabled by default on systems which offer native
mixing (i.e. Linux ALSA with hardware mixing, Solaris Mixer enabled, Windows
DirectSound).
d.. The new real-time Sequencer works with all MIDI devices and allows
unlimited Transmitters (RFE 4773012).
e.. The sound.properties configuration file allows choice of default
devices (RFE 4776511). For details, see MidiSystem and AudioSystem for
details.
f.. MidiDevices can query connected Receivers and Transmitters (RFE
4931387, methods MidiDevice.getReceiver and MidiDevice.getTransmitter).
g.. AudioFormat, AudioFileFormat, and MidiFileFormat now have properties
that allow further description and qualification of the format (RFEs 4925767
and 4666845).
h.. A set of ease-of-use methods allow easier retrieval of lines from
AudioSystem (RFE 4896221).
i.. The Sequencer interface is extended with loop methods, for seamless
looping of specific portions of a MIDI sequence (RFE 4204105).
j.. Java Sound no longer prevents the VM from exiting (bug 4735740).

knopfler

sorry for the delay in replying , thanks very much for the detailed
information , I will straight away follows your guidelines in getting
further information,
I came accross a journal call "java report", its in printed format
though ; i would like to know your suggestion about it.