Help me Please! - Custom Controls

Adnan Strujic

I'm developing paging control. One of the properties of this control is
SqlConn propertie.

When i set this property from designer, I receive error that you can see
bellow. I spent 3 days trying to figure out this problem without any
success.

Please help

This is SqlConn property:
[Bindable(true),
Description("Set SQL Connection"),
Category("Data"),
DefaultValue(null),
TypeConverter(typeof(SqlConnection))]
public virtual SqlConnection SqlConn
{
get
{
return sqlConn;
}

set
{
sqlConn = value;

This is error that I receive when I try to run application that use my
control:
Server Error in '/TestApplication' Application.
----

Unable to generate code for a value of type
'System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection'. This error occurred while trying to
generate the property value for SqlConn.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Unable to generate code for a
value of type 'System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection'. This error occurred
while trying to generate the property value for SqlConn.

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): Unable to generate code for a value of type
'System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection'. This error occurred while trying to
generate the property value for SqlConn.]

System.Web.Compilation.CodeDomUtility.GenerateExpressionForValue(PropertyInf
o propertyInfo, Object value, Type valueType)

System.Web.Compilation.TemplateControlCompiler.BuildBuildMethod(ControlBuild
er builder, Boolean fTemplate, PropertySetterEntry pse)

System.Web.Compilation.TemplateControlCompiler.BuildSourceDataTreeFromBuilde
r(ControlBuilder builder, Boolean fInTemplate, PropertySetterEntry pse)

System.Web.Compilation.TemplateControlCompiler.BuildSourceDataTreeFromBuilde
r(ControlBuilder builder, Boolean fInTemplate, PropertySetterEntry pse)

System.Web.Compilation.TemplateControlCompiler.BuildSourceDataTreeFromBuilde
r(ControlBuilder builder, Boolean fInTemplate, PropertySetterEntry pse)
System.Web.Compilation.TemplateControlCompiler.BuildMiscClassMembers()
System.Web.Compilation.PageCompiler.BuildMiscClassMembers()
System.Web.Compilation.BaseCompiler.BuildSourceDataTree()
System.Web.Compilation.BaseCompiler.GetCompiledType()
System.Web.Compilation.PageCompiler.CompilePageType(PageParser
pageParser)
System.Web.UI.PageParser.CompileIntoType()
System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemThroughCompilation()

[HttpException (0x80004005): Unable to generate code for a value of type
'System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection'. This error occurred while trying to
generate the property value for SqlConn.]
System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemInternal(Boolean
fCreateIfNotFound)
System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItem()
System.Web.UI.TemplateControlParser.CompileAndGetParserCacheItem(String
virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context)
System.Web.UI.TemplateControlParser.GetCompiledInstance(String
virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context)
System.Web.UI.PageParser.GetCompiledPageInstanceInternal(String
virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context)
System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.GetHandler(HttpContext context, String
requestType, String url, String path)
System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHttpHandler(HttpContext context, String
requestType, String path, String pathTranslated, Boolean useAppConfig)

System.Web.MapHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionStep
..Execute()
completedSynchronously)