Help me with ur ideas for this project plz!!!

s.subbarayan

Dear all,
I am not looking at this query from a C standard perspective,looking
for some tips from application perspective of how this can be
implemented in C.I am sorry if this group is not the right target for
this query,in which case,I need your direction for the right target
group for seeking help.

Can some one give me sample programs or links for creating a C program
which will summarize a given word document based on fractal
summarization and print the output to the monitor screen?Or even other
methods to summarize a document may also help me.I will be greatful if
its fractal.

The objective is I will pass the word document to be summarised and
the out put should be a summarised version of the document fed in as
input.

I am new to this type of programs so need some help from you all.
Advanced thanks for all your replys,
Regards,
s.subbarayan

Thomas Matthews

s.subbarayan said:
[...]

I think your best chances reside in The clue is "give me sample programs". We just don't do that
here.

Since we know the language well here, some of us just may not
know the following terms, which you will have to define:

1. "Summarize a give word document"
How do you define "word document"?
A document of words?
A document in MS Word format?
A document in some other format?
What is the layout of the summary?
What needs to be summarized (words, phrases, etc.)?

2. [My favorite] "fractal summarization"
I know what fractals are, but how are you associating
fractal algorithms with summarization?
Or perhaps I have a different meaning.

3. "monitor screen"
Monitor screens are completely platform and O.S. dependent.
So, what OS and platform are you running?
You will need help from newsgroups about your platform and
compiler for help on this issue.

See also:
http://www.wotsit.org

--
Thomas Matthews

C++ newsgroup welcome message:
http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt
alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++ faq:
Other sites:

Malcolm

s.subbarayan said:
I am not looking at this query from a C standard perspective,looking
for some tips from application perspective of how this can be
implemented in C.I am sorry if this group is not the right target for
this query,in which case,I need your direction for the right target
group for seeking help.
The question about how to implement a given program in C is not inherently
off-topic, but we only deal with language issues here. From your summary,
the use of the C language itself doesn't appear to be a problem, but the
choice of algorithm, which is a topic for comp.programming.
Can some one give me sample programs or links for creating a C program
which will summarize a given word document based on fractal
summarization and print the output to the monitor screen?Or even other
methods to summarize a document may also help me.I will be greatful if
its fractal.
What is a "fractal summarisation"? Do you mean you want to treat the
document as an image, and then apply Beardsley's fractal compression method?
In that case unfortunately the method is vastly complicated, and if you
don't even know how to dump an image to the screen (in Windows, by using the
Microsoft API to open a window of the right size, and then plotting pixels
to it) then it will almost certainly be too advanced for you.

However there are other ways of compressing (reducing memory use) data, such
as dictionary compression, Huffman compression, and, for images, JPEG
compression. You might want to investigate those.

If by "summarise" you don't mean "compress" then you will have to say what
you mean. I appreciate that English might not be your first language but use
of the term to mean "compress" is incorrect and will only confuse.
The objective is I will pass the word document to be summarised and
the out put should be a summarised version of the document fed in as
input.
That shouldn't be a problem. Your basic program can be written in ANSI C,
taking the name of the input document on the command line and writing the
output to a file also passed in by the user. Only the display needs to be
platform-specific.