Help needed formatted submit results - Changing data

Robert V

Hi all, another area I could use some help with is changing submitted data
based on the data conditions ... I will elaborate. I have a form textarea
where a user can type in some text. This text is sent to a perl script that
eventually will send that data to someone by email in HTML format. Here is
where I need some help.

If a user was to type in a web address www.mysite.com etc, in the text box,
I would like my script to detect web addressed and add the necessary HTML
tags before and after ... this is needed because unlike MIME email, HTML
email must have the A HREF tags in order for the link to become hyperlinked.
So here is what I need ... a code example that will detect a web address in
the submitted data and add the

tags before and after the found web address. I see Perl Forum scripts do
this all the time but i have no idea how it's done. If you are able to
provide an example that would be wonderful. Thankx!

RV

Jim Rendant