Help needed with MouseOver and MouseOut on table cell. Thank you!!!

Daniel Walzenbach

Hi,

I've seen some really nice MouseOver effect on msdn. They have a table with
hyperlinks and the cells get a different color on MouseOver and MouseOut.
Additionally the color of a clicked cell stays differently even when you
hover over with the mouse.

For a life demonstration of this effect visit

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...dhtml/reference/properties/textdecoration.asp

Does anybody know how the effect is done? I tried to download the page but
IE saves all except this really cool table :-(

Thanks a lot for your help!

Daniel

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for posting in the community!
From your description, you're looking for some reference or guide on how to
implement the Toc TABLE in the MSDN site, do you mean the navigation tree
table at the left side of the MDSN site?

If so, this Navigation Table is builed using many web layout techniques
such as javascript dhtml code and xsl style sheet. And there is a tech
article which discussing implement such a TOC TABLE via C# in ASP.NET, you
may have a look to see whether it helps you.

#The MSDN Table of Contents in C#
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dnexxml/html/xml01152001.asp?frame=t
rue

Also, here are some other tech articles on dhtml and other examples in
ASP.NET which has applied the dhtml and js functions:

#The Mouseover that Roared: Object-Oriented HTML
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dndude/html/dude010598.asp?frame=tru

#Building an ASP.NET Menu Server Control
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dnaspp/html/aspnet-buildmenuserverco
ntrol.asp?frame=true

#Dynamic HTML: The Next Generation of User-Interface Design
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dnwebtool/html/msdn_dynhtml.asp?fram
e=true

#Examining the skmMenu Server Control
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dnaspp/html/aspnet-examine-skmmenusr
vrcntrl.asp?frame=true

Please check out the above items. Hope they're helpful.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security