Help needed

Anu

Can anyone help me with my Java applet? I need to a list with 3 rows
and Ok-button (with those I have no problems). When I choose one from
the list and press Ok-button, there should be an image next to the
list. I can't get that done. I'm a newbie with java and I'd like to
keep the code as simple and easy as possible because I need to
understand it. How should I do it?

Chris Smith

Anu said:
Can anyone help me with my Java applet? I need to a list with 3 rows
and Ok-button (with those I have no problems). When I choose one from
the list and press Ok-button, there should be an image next to the
list. I can't get that done. I'm a newbie with java and I'd like to
keep the code as simple and easy as possible because I need to
understand it. How should I do it?

What do you have so far? What is going wrong with displaying the image?
Are you targeting Java 1.1 or 1.4? (or something else?)

--
www.designacourse.com

MindIQ Corporation

Anu

Chris Smith said:
What do you have so far? What is going wrong with displaying the image?
Are you targeting Java 1.1 or 1.4? (or something else?)

So far I have only the list and the button. I don't know how to
continue. I tried almost everything I know and nothign works. Can I
get a simple code to study and try then with something else. This is
how this task was given to me:

"Do an applet with a list of 3 rows (cat, cow, dog) and OK-button.
When the choise is made and pressed the ok-button, a picture of the
animal comes visible next to the list. The background color is
yellow."

I have no problems to get the list done with the animals and I have
the pictures ready, also the OK-button is no problem and the
background color. The problem is how to get the picture visible when I
choose one of the itmes in the list and press ok-button? Please, could
someone get me the code that I could use to this.