Help newWindow

JDP@Work

How do I control my new window to enable standard toolbars with the following
code?

Each report description gets a three character prefix.

So if a report description is....
SEV Sales Events By Representative

It will display in the litSEV has a hyperlink passing in the report ID.

The following hyperlink opens a 600 x 600 chromeless new window w/out a tool or
menu bar.

What I want is to have tool and menu bars.

'-- snipit
litTxt.Append("<a onfocus=" & qt & "this.blur();" & qt & " onclick=")
litTxt.AppendFormat(qt &
"NewWindow(this.href,'ReportOptions','600','600','no','center');return false;" &
qt & vbCrLf)
litTxt.AppendFormat("href=" & qt & "./reports/RptOptions.aspx")

For Each item In items

If item.Type = ItemTypeEnum.Report And item.Description <> Nothing
Then

If Left(item.Description, 3).ToString = "SEV" Then
If Me.litSEV.Text = Nothing Then
Me.litSEV.Text = "<br>"
End If
Me.litSEV.Text += litTxt.ToString
Me.litSEV.Text += "?id=" & item.ID & qt & ">" &
Mid(item.Description, 4, Len(item.Description)) & "</a><br>" & vbCrLf
End If

'... more lits follow......

Mohamed El Ashmawy

How do you implement the new window method?
Generally, you would called window.open at the end of this newWindow method.
Window.open has paramters where you could specify if you need toolbars,
menubars, etc.
Please review:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/author/dhtml/ref
erence/methods/open_0.asp to know how to add set the toolbards and menubars
for windoe.open

Regards
Mohamed El Ashmawy
MEA Developer Support Center