help pls...

phillip

im a student taking up my advance computer programming...
turbo c of course.. :)
i mean the standard turbo c.
can anybody explain to me the "void function"?
and what are its uses???

also about my last post... im talking about a countdown timer...
yeah a countdown timer... hehehe
i would have to enter an specific time, minute, and second.then the
whole program will output this...
until the timer reaches zero...
__ __ __ __ __
l l l . l l __l . l l l__l
l__l l . l__l l__ . l__l l__l

just like this...
can anybody give me a sample program for this type of problem??

Richard Heathfield

phillip said:
im a student taking up my advance computer programming...
turbo c of course.. :)
i mean the standard turbo c.
can anybody explain to me the "void function"?

There isn't one. Do you mean a function that returns void?
and what are its uses???

It is used when you have no reason to return a value from a function,
and where you have control over the specification of that function.
(What I'm getting at here is that main must return int, because it's an
interface between you and the system, and the system knows what the
interface is supposed to be and will stick to it, and so must you.)