Help required building app

Darcy

I have encountered a perplexing problem while trying to build an
application, and I need some help in fixing my build environment to get
it to compile.

I am running Whitebox Linux 3 (similar to Redhat Enterprise Linux 3) to
build a midi application, and I am getting an "undefined reference"
error during linking. The error is saying that it cannot find a symbol
which was already compiled and linked from another part of the
application. The linker should be finding the object file, since it
resides where all of the built object files from the app are placed,
and the other parts of the app can find the objects there when linked.

Can anyone point me to where to look in order to fix my build
environment, and get this program compiled? I have asked the
developers group for the app for suggestions, and they only suggested
that I install an older rpm, which is about a year old, instead of
trying to compile the latest. I am hoping that the wider linux
community can provide some assistance in getting this built. If you
need more info, I can provide it.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Darcy

Mike Wahler

Darcy said:
[...]

I'm almost certain they can. But this is not where they discuss
such things. Here is where we discuss the C++ language. Find
a Linux group, or better yet, a group or mailing list which discusses
your particular build tools.

-Mike