Help with accessing network resources

lrw

Simply, I wish to return System.IO.File.Exists
("\\myserver_1\myshare\myfolder\myfile.doc") within an
ASP.NET web application that sits
on "\\myserver_2"(windows server 2003). The application is
using integrated windows authentication only (anonymous is
off), and impersonation is enabled in web.config. The
security on the targeted network share includes a network
group with full control to all of its children, and I am a
member of this group. However, I continue to receive a
login prompt as this code executes.

PS. the code executes perfectly from my desktop(localhost -
win2k).

What am I missing?

LRW.

gwr

lrw,

Sorry I cannot help with the problem but I am new to ASP.Net applications and am experiencing the same problem as you. I have been testing with File.Exists for setting up authenication and security, however, it keeps returning FALSE if I try to access a file shared on the network. I have set up a virtual directory in IIS and can browse the virtual directory in IE and open files in the browser but am unable to access via code in ASP.NET application. The mapped physical path seems to be correct, so I feel I am missing something in the user account setup or configuration of authentication. I can test File.Exists successfully for any file on my development computer. It just fails when I access a file on the network.

Have you had any success with this?

gwr