Help with complex javascript?

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Cox News, May 14, 2006.

  1. Cox News

    Cox News Guest

    Greetings. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

    I use Articulate Quizmaker to develop online quizes. When published, the
    outputed JS on the HTML page looks like this:

    http://www.testandlearn.net/resultswebsite/htmlpage.txt

    the quiz is the swf movie, "assessment.swf".

    The powers that be at articulate say that the JS on this page can be tweaked
    so that it will output the results to a DB- let's say MS Access.

    They can't tell me how to do it, only that it can be done.

    Macromedia Captivate Quizes:

    After a quiz is published in MM Captivate, the JS can be tweaked in the same
    way. Here is what it looks like after it is tweaked- this does work- the
    powers that be at Adobe/MM know how to do it and have written articles with
    the code:

    http://www.testandlearn.net/resultswebsite/captivateoutput.txt

    This page also shows session variables created on the log-in form that will
    be passed to the DB along with the quiz results via ColdFusion.

    My question is, how to tweak the quizmaker output to accomplish what the
    captivate output is doing?

    Thanks in advance for any help or steerage in the right direction...

    Cox News, May 14, 2006

  2. Cox News

    Randy Webb Guest

    Cox News said the following on 5/14/2006 10:51 AM:
    After 3 minutes, I stopped waiting for it to display. But, from the
    looking at the source code, you ditch that crap code and start over with
    something a little more reliable.
    *Any* JS code can be "tweaked" to do anything you want it to do. All you
    need is some way to transfer the data to the server so the server can
    save it to a DB. The saving it to a database - and it doesn't matter
    what database it is to client side JS - happens on the server and is
    irrelevant to the client side code.
    Same results as the first one I tried to open.

    Randy Webb, May 14, 2006

  3. Cox News

    Cox News Guest

    Randy:

    Thanks for your reply- the server must have been down- sometimes it is on
    Sunday afternoon- but they're just plain text files that open quickly...

    Cox News, May 14, 2006