Help with creating ASP.NET project using VS.NET on a Server

Kin Ng

Hi,

I have been trying to create a Web project since day 1 of VS.NET 2002
and now VS.NET 2003. I am trying to create a project on a W2K Server
with a site called test3 and host header test3. I entered the
127.0.0.1 to my hosts file. I am trying to do development locally for
different sites (since MS was so short-signed to limit workstation
development to ONE site)

I got this error message:

Unable to create Web project 'WebApplication1'. The UNC share
'\\test3\wwwroot$\WebApplication1' does not exist or you do not have
access.

The strange thing is I got this in a DOS windows before creating
test3.

E:\WINNT\system32\drivers\etc>dir \\localhost\wwwroot$
A duplicate name exists on the network.

I got this also after creating test3.

E:\WINNT\system32\drivers\etc>dir \\test3\wwwroot$
A duplicate name exists on the network.

Please help in this more than 1-year-old mystery.