help with Security Exception ??

Tarren

Hi,

I am getting the following error:

Security Exception
by the security policy. To grant this application the required permission
please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust
level in the configuration file.

Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the
permission of type System.Security.Permissions.StrongNameIdentityPermission,
mscorlib, Version=1.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 failed.

What is causing this is that my app is trying to load a file from the disk.
When I run it local from my dev server it compiles ok, but when I migrated
it to the staging server I am getting the error above. Is there a way I can
programmatically alter this from the web.config file so that I can load this
file from the filesystem?

The code that is causing the error is below:

oXMLDoc = New System.Xml.XmlDocument
oXMLDoc.Load("data.xml")

Thanks for any help!

Natty Gur

Hi,

Use identity tag in web.config to set user with write permission.

<identity impersonate="true" userName="contoso\Jane" password="pass" />

Natty Gur, CTO
Dao2Com Ltd.
34th Elkalay st. Raanana
Israel , 43000