Help with XP/IIS/ASP.NET configuration

John Cosmas

I have setup an XP box to run my ASP.NET application. My objective is to
run the application on the XP box and have it accessible to the local
network for internal use. I've setup the Virtual Directory and added the
following users and enabled 'Anonymous Login' and 'Integrate Windows
Authentication'.
- NETWORK
- ASP.NET
- NETWORK SERVICE
- IUSR_MACHINENAME
- IWAM_MACHINENAME

I've also added the following statements into my WEB.CONFIG file.

<identity impersonate="true" userName="DOMAIN\TESTUSERACCOUNT"
password="TEST"/>

<authentication mode="Windows" />

<authorization>
<allow roles="Everyone" />

The IDENTITY IMPERSONATE exists exclusively to help get past the SQL Server
not accepting NULL user login. I'm able to call up the application using
HTTP://LOCALHOST/TESTAPP, and I'm able to run it using
HTTP://MACHINENAME/TESTAPP. However, it keeps prompting me for a
Windows/Domain level login/prompt everytime I use the
HTTP://MACHINENAME/TESTAPP from the network. Is there something I'm
missing? Please help.

TIA
John

Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor]

Hello John,

ah - and the users who need to access need to have NTFS ACLs for the aspx
files...

John Cosmas

Dominick;

I've already added the group EVERYONE and DOMAIN USERS to the folder level
permissions. I would assume that this would allow the users to get in. I'm
still thinking that this could be a authentication/credentials problem.

John