Here's one for you ASP.NET experts...

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Luther Miller, Jul 3, 2003.

  1. Ever since I started working with .NET Framework 1.1, everytime I
    start debugging my ASP.NET project when the browser launches I get the
    following error. However, when I refresh, this immediately goes away
    and doesn't come back until the next time I restart the app. Also,
    another developer on another project gets the same behavior. I have
    also noticed this in deployment - always happens the first time any
    page in the project is opened after deployment and then never again.

    Of course, there are NO errors in the web.config file, this is a
    misleading error message. But why does this occur and how can we get
    rid of it forever?

    Server Error in '/tips' Application.

    Configuration Error
    configuration file required to service this request. Please review the
    specific error details below and modify your configuration file
    appropriately.

    Parser Error Message: Exception in configuration section handler.

    Source Error:

    Line 24:
    Line 25: <!-- if you get a configuration exception then make sure
    the folder exists for the logs -->
    Line 26: <system.diagnostics>
    Line 27: <switches>
    Line 28: <add name="PageEntryAndExit" value="4" /> <!--
    Verbose=4 -->

    Source File: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\tips\web.config Line: 26

    Luther Miller, Jul 3, 2003