    Mustapha! Guest

    Hi! I hate america!
    All americans must die

    Mustapha!, Jan 15, 2007

  2. Mustapha!

    Andy Lester Guest

    So true, my friend, yet does that not give our journey through this
    life all the more value?

    It's like Poison said back in the 80s: "Don't know what you've got
    until it's gone."

    You and Poison, great philosophers both.

    xoxo,
    Andy

    Andy Lester, Jan 15, 2007

  3. Mustapha!

    gregarican Guest

    Actually that was Cinderella. Just to correct the cheese rock name
    drop.

    gregarican, Jan 15, 2007
  4. Mustapha!

    Tim Hunter Guest

    s/Poison/Joni Mitchell/g
    s/80s/60s/g

    Tim Hunter, Jan 15, 2007
  5. So must you - inevitably.

    robert

    Robert Klemme, Jan 15, 2007
  6. Mustapha!

    matt Guest

    Somewhere, isn't there a FAQ (or how about commonsense) that suggests
    that responding to these types of emails only fuels the non-sense? How
    about all those chains of emails that that are protesting against spam,
    and how it MUST be eradicated. Well I hate to be the one to point it
    out, but if its off-topic and not Rails related, ITS SPAM! I joined
    this list for Rails. I expect a small amount of spam, but not
    contributed by the Rails community.

    I guess this officially makes me a spammer.

    matt, Jan 15, 2007
  7. Mustapha!

    Andy Lester Guest

    I think you're confusing Ruby and Rails.
    I guess the difference is treating the subject with humor vs. anger.

    Andy Lester, Jan 15, 2007
  8. Mustapha!

    pat eyler Guest

    and, off topic, since this is ruby-talk, not the rails-talk list. ;^)

    pat eyler, Jan 15, 2007
  9. I would then suggest that you are perhaps on the wrong list. This list
    is for Ruby in general, not just Rails specifically. There is tons of
    traffic that is not Rails related, but is certainly not spam. You
    probably want the Rails list, which you can subscribe to here:

    Karl von Laudermann, Jan 15, 2007
  10. Mustapha!

    Brad Tilley Guest

    The overall odds of dying are 1 in 1. That's an actual statistic.

    Brad Tilley, Jan 15, 2007
  11. Mustapha!

    Andy Lester Guest

    Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Please read your
    prospectus carefully before investing in this or any investment product.

    Andy Lester, Jan 15, 2007
  12. Mustapha!

    James Britt Guest

    Ah well, I sort of suspected that Poison was the Joni Mitchel of the '80s.

    (Guilty pleasure:
    Go to pandora.com
    Create a radio station based on 'Slade' and 'Poison'
    Write bouncy, catchy, rockin' Ruby code

    )

    James Britt, Jan 16, 2007
  13. Mustapha!

    matt Guest

    Oh you guys are hilarious... How's that for humor?

    Since we're all wasting each other's time... I guess I shouldn't feel
    left out....

    I mean... we all seem to be very well adept at building this bike
    shed... but if we were talking rocket science or a nuclear reactor... it
    would be a different story for sure...

    matt, Jan 16, 2007
  14. Posted via forums.bring.out.ba.

    <groans> I wish we'd avoid these darn forums. :-/

    Gregory Brown, Jan 16, 2007
  15. Mustapha!

    James Britt Guest

    forums.bring.out.the.worst

    --
    James Britt

    "The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance, but the illusion
    of knowledge."
    - D. Boorstin

    James Britt, Jan 16, 2007
  16. Mustapha!

    benjohn Guest

    Oh yes - Pandora had to be fodder for the corp fire wall, but it's not! :)

    benjohn, Jan 16, 2007
  17. Actually, so far, it's about 0.92(+- 0.02) in 1. [1]

    Eivind.

    [1] When I checked, various estimates said between 6 and 10% of the
    humans that have ever lived are alive now. These estimates were based
    on different methods, sometimes radically different methods, and most
    of them hit 7 or 8%, with some outliers.

    Eivind Eklund, Jan 16, 2007
  18. Mustapha!

    benjohn Guest

    However, looking to the future, assuming we find a means to immortality
    at some point, it's unlikely to be something we forget in a hurry, and
    from that point on, neither Americans, nor anyone else will _need_ to
    die. Thus all previous lives and deaths will eventually be swamped out,
    so the probability will diminish to 0.

    Predicting that event, I place the odds over all time at 0.
    Benjohn

    benjohn, Jan 16, 2007
  19. Mustapha!

    dblack Guest

    Hi --

    No, I think those would be equally off-topic -- perhaps more :)

    David

    dblack, Jan 16, 2007
  20. Mustapha!

    gregarican Guest

    Most of my coding work is done with gangsta rap playing. Kind of like
    how Michael Bolton used to roll back in "Office Space." Although hair
    metal could have its place as well.

    gregarican, Jan 17, 2007