    from that.

    Any ideas / suggestions
    Craig

    Guest, Jan 21, 2005

  2. [email protected], Jan 21, 2005

    Guest Guest

    Hi Craig HB,

    Just a suggestion: As a design principle, if it's "too secret" to share with
    the user, why don't you take it away from the scope of the user and keep it
    on the server, perhaps with a special variable in Session that both of these
    pages know about? Or even better, why not passing this special variable name
    instead of the ID itself in querystring?

    I would not recommend encryption because of the overhead. And also consider
    the scenario where it's tampered. Your receiving page will find out
    eventually that it's tampered and either give out an exception or you'll need
    a mechanism to recover it somehow. It just sounds too unnecessary when you
    know that you can hide it from the round trip anyway, unless you have a very
    good reason.

    Hope this gives some ideas,

    Ethem

    Guest, Jan 21, 2005