Hierarchical View in DropDown

Amy Snyder

Can anyone point me to an article/tutorial where the list items within a
dropdown box are displayed in a hierarchy?

For example, I have a stored proc returning me all industries. Some
industries have sub-industries so I would like to show the relation in
the dropdown.

Thanks!

Curt_C [MVP]

how do you see this hierarchy displaying?
If you need a hierarcy I suggest a treeview though.

Amy Snyder

It would be something like this:

Manufacturing
Automotives
Chemicals
Pharmaceutcals
Technology
Hardware
Software
Data Processing

I have seen something like this but can't remember where.