    How do I do this? Is it possible to do without JS? I've been picking
    through the source and can't seem to isolate it, JS or otherwise. Any tips?

    -Josh

    Joshua Beall, Apr 6, 2005

  2. you can use CSS to do this alas, it only works in better browsers such as
    Firefox, Opera et al.

    input[type="text"]:focus, textarea:focus{
    background: #FFF;
    border-color: #0F0;
    }

    By using input[type="text"]:focus as opposed to just input:focus it stops
    the submit button's appearance from changing, which can look pretty crap.

    You can probably use JS for this as well or Dean Edward's IE7
    http://dean.edwards.name/IE7/

    Phil

    Phil Thompson, Apr 8, 2005