Hotlinking problem solved

Dark Angel

I rember posting here about help with hotlinking and no one was not able to
help me.
This is not to say this a bad ng, because its a brillent ng.

Anyone some one was having the same problem as well here.

And after doing a lot of searching on google.com and trying out new
things... after 2 days of non stop searching I have found out how to do it
and it even works with other files types as well.

Below is the code:

SetEnvIfNoCase Referer "^http://www.yoursite.com/" locally_linked=1
SetEnvIfNoCase Referer "^http://www.yoursite.com$" locally_linked=1
SetEnvIfNoCase Referer "^http://yoursite.com/" locally_linked=1
SetEnvIfNoCase Referer "^http://yoursite.com$" locally_linked=1
SetEnvIfNoCase Referer "^$" locally_linked=1
<FilesMatch "\.(gif|png|jpe?g|zip|mid|mp3|WMV)$">
Order Allow,Deny
Allow from env=locally_linked
</FilesMatch>

Also were you see the file types you can add more to it separated with |
I hope it works for who every had the same problem
--
Best Regards
Dark Angel

http://www.stateofmind.me.uk - My Home Page
http://www.bluefox.myby.co.uk - My Home Page on Blueyonder
http://www.shrine2aeris.co.uk - The Shrine to Aeris

,---...... _____________
z Z ((-----. `-----,_____ (
z ,`\ `-., `----, \....( `,
,..-----__.' `\ \____ `/ '\
/^---` ~ ```` __ \ / ) `(^\( |
---------------((/```-------\_ _( `, `,
`--, (_ / /
,--\( '--'`` /`
/`,.--`^',__.---'`
\(Ts

Dark Angel

I have
And it seems to work from your link and on my test run from other site
included my myby site that I got with my isp

Why can you view it?
Cause I can't but I can on my site.

--
Best Regards
Dark Angel

http://www.stateofmind.me.uk - My Home Page
http://www.bluefox.myby.co.uk - My Home Page on Blueyonder
http://www.shrine2aeris.co.uk - The Shrine to Aeris

,---...... _____________
z Z ((-----. `-----,_____ (
z ,`\ `-., `----, \....( `,
,..-----__.' `\ \____ `/ '\
/^---` ~ ```` __ \ / ) `(^\( |
---------------((/```-------\_ _( `, `,
`--, (_ / /
,--\( '--'`` /`
/`,.--`^',__.---'`
\(Ts

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Quoth the raven named Dark Angel:
I have
And it seems to work from your link

You mean your solution does not work, correct? as my page shows your
image.
and on my test run from other site
included my myby site that I got with my isp

Why can you view it?
Cause I can't but I can on my site.

What page do you have that makes you think your solution works?

David Dorward

Beauregard said:
What page do you have that makes you think your solution works?

It's a caching issue. The image is visible on third party sites if it exists
in the cache after a page on the original server is viewed.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Quoth the raven named David Dorward:
It's a caching issue. The image is visible on third party sites if
it exists in the cache after a page on the original server is
viewed.

Oh, by golly that's true. Forgot all about it. I fired up another
browser, and... no image. Belay all after 'good morning...' <g>

Dark Angel

LOL I had that problem, I thought it was odd that it shows it and then it
dose not, so I cleared my cacher and it never appered again :)