How can I emulate a mouse click event at a specific location

yinglcs

HI,

Is it possible to emulate a mouse click event at a specific location
in the browser using JavaScript?
If yes, can you please tell me where can I find some example?

Thank you.

s0lnic

Randy said:
Then please tell us how to click() at coordinates 212,38 in a document.
You can simulate a click on an element but not at a "specific location
in the browser".

Then let me repeat myself, you can call it on DOM elements, this might do
the trick. You can put a hidden div at 212,38 and there you go ;)

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Randy said:
Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn said the following on 11/9/2007 3:51 PM:

Yes.

Doesn't do what was asked.

Yes, it does.

We could play this game a while longer, but I have better things to do.

PointedEars

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Randy said:
Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn said the following on 11/9/2007 5:29 PM:

I would explain why you are wrong but you wouldn't comprehend it.

Hear, hear!
Just for kicks and giggles, would you explain how that emulates clicking
*anything* "in the browser"?

What is "in the browser" is a matter for interpretation as well, of course.
However, if I would assume that you assumed this means the browser's chrome
(as well), I don't see why it would not be possible for a *JavaScript
script* to emulate a click within that area, the required privileges provided.

ISTM you focus your thinking too much on what does not work.

PointedEars

f3l

Hear, hear!

What is "in the browser" is a matter for interpretation as well, of course.
However, if I would assume that you assumed this means the browser's chrome
(as well), I don't see why it would not be possible for a *JavaScript
script* to emulate a click within that area, the required privileges provided.

ISTM you focus your thinking too much on what does not work.

PointedEars

why don't just use AutoIT ?