    address. How can I use a domain name if the real ip can change? I see
    things like NO-IP.com which seems to offer this service for free. Is
    this the recommended approach?

    dgk, May 21, 2004

  2. Do a google search on dynamic IP or DNS providers..

    I used free ZoneEdit.com for this. You can download software that sends new
    IP to DNS provider when it changes.

    NOTE: You need to find out if your ISP blocks port 80. In my case, I have
    to pay RCN $20 extra per month for static IP with open Port 80.

    Some providers keep Port 80 blocked with no other options available.

    Alan

    Alan Z. Scharf, May 21, 2004

  3. dgk

    dgk Guest

    Thanks, I'm looking at ZoneEdit. I use roadrunner and I'm sure they
    don't block 80 because I can get into my PC now by using the dynamic
    IP. I had to forward it through the Linksys though.

    ZE looks at lot more confusing than No-IP.com, which claims that you
    don't even need a domain name. I'm not sure how they do that.

    Well, more research is required. Thanks.

    dgk, May 21, 2004
  4. dgk

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    I use TZO (www.TZO.com) and love it.
    $59/yr for *.darkfalz.com will full MX records as well.
    It's been very reliable as well.

    Curt_C [MVP], May 21, 2004
  5. dgk

    simbu

    Joined:
    Apr 2, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    You want know your ip address..You give the domain name here whoisxy.com It provides at free of cost...

    simbu, Apr 26, 2010