how close window after redirect

Volodymyr Lozovoy

Help novice

I open new window using window.open(), then user click button in this window
and i create file and return it user using Response.Redirect(fileName). How
i can close the window after that?

Guest

When you spawned the WIndow.Open, you should have given the child window a
name. From JavaScript (write out to the client on the page you redirect them
to), you can close a child window by name. I do not have a code sample, but a
google search on "Window.Close()" or "close child window" and "JavaScript"
should yield some tasty pages.

---

Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

***************************
Think Outside the Box!

Volodymyr Lozovoy

I redirect to binary file (Excel file) not page.
I have the child page for download file. On click button Save i create file
and return it user, and after that i want close the child window.
Unfortunately i naven't found solution for this case yet.

"Cowboy (Gregory A. Beamer) - MVP" <[email protected]>
ÓÏÏÂÝÉÌ/ÓÏÏÂÝÉÌÁ × ÎÏ×ÏÓÔÑÈ ÓÌÅÄÕÀÝÅÅ:
news:[email protected]...